Extension Professor; 4-H Youth Development
24 Main St., Lisbon Falls, ME 04252-1505
As an Extension Professor in 4-H Youth Development, Kristy strives to create cultivated learning opportunities for young people across the state of Maine. Working primarily in Androscoggin and Sagadahoc counties, Kristy identifies opportunities and makes connections for children, youth, and families, helping to enhance learning opportunities based on individual or community interests.
Kristy supports the 4-H youth development program in Androscoggin and Sagadahoc Counties, is the faculty liaison to the Maine Animal Science Horse Committee, serves as the institutional liaison for 4-H Afterschool, and is a member of UMaine Extension’s Policy Advisory Committee.
- 2021 Doctor of Philosophy, University of Southern Maine Public Policy
- 2006 Masters of Science Child Development/Early Childhood Education, Wheelock College, Boston, MA
- 2001 Bachelors of Arts Psychology, Colby-Sawyer College, New London, NH
- 2019 National Diversity & Inclusion: Expanding the 4-H Audience Award
- 2019 National Excellence in After-School Programming Award
- 2016 Awarded NAE4HA Distinguished Service Award
- 2011 Awarded NAE4HA Achievement in Service Award
- National Association of 4-H Extension Agents (NAE4HA)
- Maine Association of 4-H Extension Agents (MEAE4HA)
- Maine Afterschool Network
- National Afterschool Association