Food Systems & Youth Development Professional
992 Waterville Road, Waldo, ME 04915-3117
Vina Lindley is based in Waldo County and works on a variety of youth and family food systems initiatives and projects including managing the state-wide FoodCorps program. FoodCorps is a nationwide team of AmeriCorps leaders who connect kids to real food to help them grow up healthy. Ms Lindley is passionate about childhood nutrition and food access and strives to provide programming that helps youth and adults connect to growing, cooking and eating healthy. Ms Lindley chairs the board of the Maine School Garden Network, is a member of the Maine Farm to School work-group and collaborates with a variety of networks and organization in her work. Ms Lindley also provides community education in Waldo, Knox and Lincoln counties on food preservation and food safety and handles food safety and preservation questions for those counties. Additionally, she supports the Waldo County 4-H program.
- M.S., Concentration in Environmental Education, Antioch University Keene, NH
- B.A., Psychology, University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA; summa cum laude
- ServSafe Manager’s Certification
- National Center for Home Food Preservation Certification
- Sustainable Food Systems Leadership Institute alumna