Organic Grain Twilight Meeting and BBQ
Tuesday, July 9, 2013
5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
UMaine Cooperative Extension Office
57 Houlton Road, Presque Isle
Free, but pre-registration is required for the meal. Pre-register by July 5. To pre-register, call or email Meghan Dill at 207.581.3878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Co-sponsored by UMaine Extension, Organic Valley, and Maine Organic Milling (MOM)
Please join us and learn about:
- Markets for organic feed and food grains
- Crop options and production basics for organic grain markets — field peas, barley, wheat, soybeans, oats, spelt, triticale
- Managing weeds in organic small grains, field peas, and soybeans
- Underseeding clovers, ryegrasses, and mixes in barley for green manure or forage
- Organic grain production examples from PEI
- John Chartier, MOFGA & Organic Valley
- Eric Gallandt, UMaine Weed Ecologist
- Mark Kopecky, Agronomist, Organic Valley/CROPP
- Ellen Mallory, UMaine Extension Specialist
- Tom Molloy, UMaine Research Associate
- Andrew Plant, UMaine Extension Educator
BBQ will follow the field tour. Provided by Organic Valley/CROPP.
2 Certified Crop Advisor credits and 1 Pesticide credits will be offered.
For questions regarding the field day, contact Ellen Mallory at email@example.com or 207.581.2942.
If you are a person with a disability and will need an accommodation to participate in this program, please call Ellen Mallory at 207.581.2941 to discuss your needs. Receiving requests for accommodations at least 7 days before the program provides a reasonable amount of time to meet the request, however all requests will be accepted.