- This event has passed.
Recipe to Market: Is it for ME?
October 29 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm| Free
This half-day workshop will introduce participants to important topics that an aspiring entrepreneur needs to consider before starting a food business. Topics that will be presented include: opportunities and challenges of being a food entrepreneur, the specialty food industry, business basics, an overview of the product development process, licensing and regulations, and food safety concerns.
Pre-registration is required for this free workshop: Register on-line
This workshop will be helpful to a wide range of individuals who are thinking about starting a food business in Maine. Examples include:
- A restaurant owner or chef who wants to market a special chowder to local retail stores
- A person who wants to produce and market a unique chocolate creation developed from an old family recipe
- A retired teacher who wants to create a conserve made from Maine’s wild blueberries and cranberries
- A farmer or gardener who wants to develop and market a special hot sauce and salsa
- A farmer who wants to develop a snack food product
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this program, please call 207.667.8212 or 800.287.1479 (in Maine) to discuss your needs. Receiving requests for accommodations at least 10 days before the program provides a reasonable amount of time to meet the request, however all requests will be considered.