Do you have a gardening question?
Here’s how UMaine Cooperative Extension can best support you with gardening questions!
1. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For insect or plant disease questions, include a few clear photos in your email
- For plant ID, include photos of the flower or fruits, leaf arrangement, etc. (we cannot ID a dead specimen)
2. Give us a call at 667-8212
- Please keep in mind that many of our offices have a rotating staff schedule.
- You may need to leave a detailed message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
3. Schedule an appointment by calling us at 667-8212
- This is the best way to ensure that the appropriate staff member will be available to assist you.
- If you stop by the office with or without an appointment, please call the office at 667-8212 upon arrival.
4. DIY – Soil/ Plant/ Insect Submission forms and instructions are available online
*Due to the high volume of plant disease and insect samples our labs are receiving, we recommend working with your local Extension office first to try to identify the issue. A photo of the disease or insect is ALWAYS the preferred first choice before live samples because it minimizes handling and in-person visits.