Requirements and Recommendations
For a high-quality 4-H experience, we recommend all Members and Clubs participate in the following:
- 4-H Promotion at Tractor Supply in April and October annually
- Public Speaking at the Club, County, and State levels- this can include demonstrations at Fairs!
- 4-H Portfolio and Resume: Develop this over your 4-H career to be ready for job and school interviews!
- 4-H Record Books (Due September 30)
- Exhibiting mastery in a project area at a Fair.
Requirements for Members and 4-H Clubs:
- Member must attend 75% of Club meetings.
- Member must be enrolled by April 1 to participate in exhibiting projects at the Fairs.
- Clubs should host at least eight meetings per year.
- Club Leader or another VOLT Trained Volunteer from the Club to attend the Volunteer Leader’s Association Meeting. Check the annual calendar for meeting dates.
- Clubs must have at least four members from two families, and have at least one VOLT trained volunteer leader.
- Project records are required for Independent Members. Independent Members must have a VOLT trained volunteer supporting them.