2021 December PCEA-EC Minutes
Minutes: Piscataquis County Extension Association Executive Committee Meeting December 13, 2021, at 3 p.m. By Zoom
- Members, Beth McEvoy, Steve DeGoosh and Rick Cabot. (Ben Cookson & George McKay by Phone)
- Staff, Donna Coffin, Trisha Smith, Emily Mott, Sheila Norman, and Anette Moulton
- Secretary’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Cash Flow
Program Updates from Staff – Read only
Laurie reviewed her information.
- Annual Meeting – publicity, poster, Facebook, newspapers, newsletters, schools, email, etc.
- Intro staff and programs –
- Nanny Wenzlow DVM is available 1/10/22 – Veterinary Forensic Pathology & One Health
- Elections – Beth, Ben and Karen’s term is up. If no replacements are found they can stay on. Karen is going off as treasurer – so another treasurer is needed.
- 2022 Budget PUBLIC HEARING
- Piscataquis Observer Article
- Options to consider in response to budget hearing and new support staff costs. There was a suggestion of 7 hours/day for 4 days a week. The state prefers 8-hour days if possible. Piscataquis is the only county in the state that is open less than 5 days a week.
- Vote for option 3 – 3-½ days a week Closed Tuesday, Open Wednesday 10 am to 2 pm.
- 3 yes at the meeting, 2 by phone. (5 for option 3)
- Non Discrimination Sign Off form (please print and sign or email Donna that you agree with the sign-off.
Adjourn – msp at 4:08 pm
Next meeting: January 10th business meeting. -Meeting will be by Zoom only
We will be meeting every other month (odd months) in 2022 at 3 pm by Zoom and live when possible.
Look for Dec. email from Beth on possible new members and annual meeting plans for January.