A 5-part course held in Falmouth to equip participants with the knowledge and skills to start, adapt, and maintain a profitable land-based business.
October 9, 16, 23, 30, and November 6, 2018
This multi-session course is designed for people who want to start a profitable farm or expand their farm hobby to a profitable business.
Successful completion of this course qualifies participants for FSA Borrower Training Credit.
Textbook: Starting and Running Your Own Small Farm Business by Sara Aubrey
Cost: $50 per person (includes textbook)
- Participants will feel comfortable starting a land-based business.
- Participants will understand the need for and have a framework for a business plan.
- Participants will select and use a record keeping system.
- Participants will understand how to use Cooperative Extension and other agencies as a resource for their land-based business.
- Participants will understand the importance of and basics of marketing their products, including customer surveys.