This is a part of the 2021 4-H Summer Learning Series.
This workshop series will focus on several chicken-related topics and will be taught by several 4-Hers and their parents. There will be a hands-on activity related to chickens, and plenty of opportunities to share, learn, and create friendships with other youth interested in chickens throughout the state. Registration closes one week prior to each session, as Pre-work/materials will be emailed to participants.
- 6/27 Brooder set up for chicks
- 7/11 Different kinds of chicken breeds
- 7/25 Basic chicken care/vet care
- 8/8 Fun things to do with chickens: training & tricks
- 8/22 Chicken food & healthy treats
For youth ages 5 – 13; open to all youth; maximum 30 attendees