Join us each Tuesday where you will meet scientists, learn about how they ended up at UMaine and how they became involved in their work/research, and participate in informal discussions. So, sign up and learn some cool science!
Currently, sessions are scheduled through the month of March, future topics and registration links will be posted online.
- March 2, 2021 – Wind Energy R&D; From New Zealand to UMaine with John Arimond, of the UMaine Composites Center
- March 9, 2021 – All About Bobcats with Tom Rounsville, Molecular Diagnostic Professional
- March 16, 2021 – Allison Gardiner, a medical entomologist whose research focuses on the ecology of infectious diseases of humans and wildlife that are transmitted by arthropod vectors, such as mosquitoes or ticks.
- March 23, 2021 – Sean Birkel of UMaine’s Climate Change Institute, whose research utilizes climate modeling and data visualization to better understand climate variability and future impacts from human activity.
- March 30, 2021 – Colt Knight of the University of Maine Cooperative Extension will talk about pigs and cows – From Farm to Table and Beyond.