ESE State Coordinator and State 4-H Office Expectations
ESE State Coordinator Expectations
Role: The ESE State Coordinator provides administrative assistance and shared leadership with the state 4-H office to support Maine’s participation in the Eastern States Exposition.
- Develop a timeline of Eastern States Exposition (ESE)-related tasks; monitor timeline to ensure timely completion of tasks.
- Provide oversight, coordination, and timely submission of ESE registration packets.
- Work with the Animal Science Committee (ASC) Activity Coordinators and Treasurers to develop a budget and ensure accurate and complete financial records and timely reporting of expenses related to ESE team activities to the State 4-H office.
- Reconcile ASC accounts related to ESE in accordance with University of Maine financial system.
- Work with ASC Activity Coordinators to make arrangements for and schedule transportation of team members and animals to ESE.
- In partnership with the State Animal Science Program Coordinator provide orientation and training for ASC Activity Coordinators, teams and chaperones related to the ESE program. This may involve attending ESE tryout events for ASCs.
- Attend ESE to provide administrative assistant support in the role as ESE State Coordinator.
State 4-H Office Expectations
- Tagging lambs for Fryeburg market animals
- Assist with tagging Maine 4-H Market Steers for Fryeburg and Eastern States.
- Update ASC e-mail group as needed.
- Provide portion of staff coverage at ESE to be determined in consultation with the State Animal Science Coordinator.
- Help to provide support to the Dairy Animal Science Committee. Specific responsibilities to be determined in partnership with the State Animal Science Coordinator and Staff Liaison for the Dairy Animal Science Committee.
- Attend Maine 4-H Days as needed to support ESE Teams.
- Works with county 4-H staff to provide Administrative Assistant support for the livestock skillathon. Support would include transporting materials, assisting with setting up for the event and training other staff in how to set up for the skillathon.