2018 Farm Tractor Safety Course
Participants will learn how to handle tractors and equipment safely, how to identify hazards, and how to minimize the chances of accidents. The course is open to all adults and youth interested, but priority will be given to youth ages 14 to 16. This course is required for 14 and 15 year olds who plan to operate farm equipment for hire on farms other than their own. A Federal Certificate of Training will be issued at the completion of the course after successful completion of the written test and driving course and with attendance requirements met
- Cumberland County: Tuesdays, starting early May, 2018, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Maine . Registration coming soon, visit the UMaine Extension Cumberland County events and workshops page for updates.
- Kennebec County: Mondays, starting April 2, 2018, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM at Kramer Tractor in Sidney. For more information, visit the UMaine Extension Kennebec County tractor safety web page.
- Knox and Lincoln Counties: Wednesdays, starting April 4, 2018, 6:00PM – 8:00PM, Union Farm Equipment, Route 17, Union Maine. For more information, contact Pamela Doherty at 207.832.0343, 800.244.2104 (in Maine), or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about agricultural educational programs and the Farm Tractor Safety course, visit our website.
- Penobscot County: Monday’s, starting April 16, 2018, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, Rogers Farm, 914 Bennoch Road, Old Town. For more information and to register, visit the UMaine Extension Penobscot County tractor safety web page.
- Waldo County: Tuesdays, starting April 10, 2018, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM at Ingraham’s Equipment in Knox. For more information, visit the UMaine Extension Waldo County tractor safety web page.