Farm Tractor Safety Course
Participants will learn how to handle tractors and equipment safely, how to identify hazards, and how to minimize the chances of accidents. The course is open to all adults and youth interested, but priority will be given to youth ages 14 to 16. This course is required for 14- and 15-year-olds who plan to operate farm equipment for hire on farms other than their own. A Federal Certificate of Training will be issued at the end of the course after successful completion of the written test and driving course and with attendance requirements met.
- Cumberland County: April 22 and 29, May 6, 13, and 16, 2020, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM. Saturday Final: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Gorham Public Works, 80 Huston Road, Gorham, Maine. Register online or contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kennebec County: This course has been canceled. Due to COVID-19 closures, this course will not be offered in 2020. Please contact Diana Hartley at email@example.com or Caragh Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org, 207.622.7546 to get on the interest list for 2021. The course is usually held on weekday evenings (once a week) in April and early May.
- Knox and Lincoln Counties: This course has been canceled. April 8, 15, 22, 29, and May 2, 2020, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Final on Saturday, May 2, 9:00 AM till end. Union Farm Equipment, Route 17, Union, Maine. For more information, contact Pamela Doherty at 207.832.0343 or 800.244.2104 (in Maine), or email@example.com or visit the UMaine Extension Knox-Lincoln Counties tractor safety web page.
- Oxford County: This course has been canceled. April 29, and May 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2020, 5:30-7:30 PM. UMaine Extension Oxford County, 9 Olson Road, South Paris and Roundabout Farm, 452 North Hill Road, Buckfield. or for more information contact Rebecca Long at 207.743.6329 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Waldo County: This course has been canceled. Due to COVID-19 closures, this course will not be offered in 2020. April 16, 23, 30, and May 7 and 14, 2020, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM. Ingraham Equipment, 3 Knox Ridge Street, Knox, Maine. or for more information, contact Sadee Mehuren at 207.342.5971 or email@example.com.