2019 Farm Tractor Safety Course
Participants will learn how to handle tractors and equipment safely, how to identify hazards, and how to minimize the chances of accidents. The course is open to all adults and youth interested, but priority will be given to youth ages 14 to 16. This course is required for 14 and 15 year olds who plan to operate farm equipment for hire on farms other than their own. A Federal Certificate of Training will be issued at the end of the course after successful completion of the written test and driving course and with attendance requirements met.
- Cumberland County: April 29 and May 6, 13, and 20, 2019, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM; Final on May 25 from 9:00 AM till end. Gorham Public Works, 80 Huston Road, Gorham, Maine. Registration coming soon; visit the UMaine Extension Cumberland County events and workshops page for updates. For more information, contact Lynne Hazelton at email@example.com or 207.781.6099
- Kennebec County: April 8, 22, 29, May 6 and 13, 6 PM – 8 PM. Hammond Tractor, 216 Center Road, Fairfield, ME. Register on the UMaine Extension Kennebec County tractor safety page. For more information, contact Diana Hartley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Caragh Fitzgerald at email@example.com, 207.622.7546.
- Knox and Lincoln Counties: April 3, 10, 17, and 24, 2019, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM. Final on Saturday May 4, 9:00 AM till end. Union Farm Equipment, Route 17, Union, Maine. For more information, contact Pamela Doherty at 207.832.0343 or 800.244.2104 (in Maine), or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the UMaine Extension Knox-Lincoln Counties tractor safety web page.
- Oxford County: May 1, 8, 15, and 22, 2019; Final on May 29. May 23 attendance optional. UMaine Extension Oxford County office, 9 Olson Road, South Paris, Maine, and Roundabout Farm, 452 North Hill Road, Buckfield, Maine. For more information, contact Rebecca Long at 207.743.6329 or email@example.com.
- Waldo County: April 22, 29, May 6, 13, and 20, 2019. For more information, visit the UMaine Extension Waldo County tractor safety web page.