Are You Ready to Restrategize Your Farm’s Business Plan?
…then it’s time to “press the pause button” and finally give yourself time to refresh your thinking, conduct research, and make positive changes to your business model. Registration for NxLevel™ Tilling the Soil of Opportunity, a business planning course tailored for Maine farmers, is now open. Click here to register.
This six session course will give you the chance to:
- Update your business goals – compare where you are now with where you want to be
- Determine which crops are helping or hindering your goals
- Evaluate existing & potential markets
- Improve your time & people management skills
- Create production and marketing plans that meet your goals
- Evaluate potential financing opportunities and identify your best options
- Write your new business plan – then make it a reality!
You will hear stories from practicing farmers and guest speakers who are experts in agricultural business, production and marketing. And, you’ll have the opportunity to network with other experienced growers, including farmers in the Maine Farms for the Future Program.
Sessions will be offered at the Kennebec Valley Community College’s Farm Center in Hinckley, and can accommodate multiple farm/family members to attend.
The course lasts for six sessions. You can sign up for all six, or register only for those that are of most interest to you. You can also participate remotely in any or all classes.
COURSE DATES: 12/12, 1/16, 1/23, 2/6, 2/13, 2/27
$275 per farm for all six sessions or $50 per session
Want to know more?
Here’s what some of last year’s participants had to say about the workshop:
“Worth every penny = take it.”
“This is the best option you have in Maine.”
“I would encourage them to take it no matter what their experience level is.”
Questions? Contact Jed Beach, FarmSmart Business Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 207.370.9238.