Open Farm Day
Open Farm Day Participants: Register Today for Open Farm Day!
Are you a Maine farm who wants to help the public learn more about your farm’s role in agriculture?
Are you able to host visitors to your farm Sunday, July 28, 2019?
We invite you to be a host for the 30th Anniversary of Maine’s Open Farm Day!
Maine farms are invited to host meet and greets, tours, and workshops, between farmers and the public at the 30th Open Farm Day.
Please submit your registration before May 1, 2019.
New for 2019!
- Returning participants may opt to use data from 2018 for 2019 promotions. Please review the 2018 Open Farm Day Passport (PDF). Select to keep the same information, or type new information into the form.
- Tell us how many posters you would like! We will mail them to you to display.
- Information is published in the Open Farm Day Passport, a newspaper insert that helps visitors find a participating farm, and to an interactive online map.
- Resources for farmers are available to help host farms plan.
- Get social! Share your participation with #MaineOpenFarmDay.
- Registration questions? Please email the Open Farm Day coordinator.
What host farms said about their 2018 Event:
“It gave us a chance to trial some shoulder season revenue generating ideas.”
“Open Farm Day helps us keep in touch with our retail roots and promotes our position as a leading flower provider for our e-commerce and mail-order clients.”
“This gives us additional exposure, at almost no expense.”
“We have a farm stand and it was a good way to get people to go through and at least browse. We did experience a spike in sales that day.”
“It was a fun, informative time for all!! Some came just to see the animals, some came and shopped as well.”
“Maine Open Farm Day enables us to tell our story and enlighten people about what Maine Farmers do and how important Maine Farms are to all of us.”
What Visitors Told Farmers About Open Farm Day 2018:
“They were very appreciative that we opened the farm for visitors. They enjoyed all the different things to see and the people to ask questions to at each station. Most people stayed several hours. …Many visitors had come before and look forward to open farm day.”
“They enjoyed themselves although it was pouring rain.”
“They learned something new about crops and production happening in Maine.”
“Thank you for having us! Thank you for the education!”
Visitors’ Favorite Parts About Open Farm Day 2018:
- Supporting local farms and businesses
- Meeting farmers
- Learning about Maine Farms
- Learning where to purchase Maine products–beyond farmstands
- Buying Maine products–at farmstands
- Making it an annual tradition