Webinar: Raising Organic Broccoli in the East
Wednesday January 23, 12:00 – 1:00 pm EST
Eastern buyers are eager to source more Organic broccoli locally. Fortunately, broccoli is suited to Organic practices. Nevertheless, meeting that demand will require efficient production.
This webinar will cover management approaches for Organic production that help production efficiency. The presentations include lessons learned by an all-star cast. Prospective growers will come away with a better sense of how to achieve success, and current Organic broccoli growers are likely to pick up some useful ideas to increase their profitability.
- Jeanine Davis, Margaret Bloomquist and Richard Boylan, North Carolina State University, experts on organic production systems
- Thomas Björkman, Cornell University, vegetable physiologist
- Bryan Brown, NYS IPM, Weed management specialist and expert on organic weed management
- Jill Eccleston, Cornell University, Integrated control of emerging insect pests
- Organic nutrition for a nitrogen-hungry crop
- Weed management in high fertility and short season
- Insect management amid many hungry pests
- Varieties suitable for organic production in the East
- The market for organic broccoli
To get the audio only on a telephone, call +1 646 876 9923 and enter meeting id 855304241.
Sponsored by the Eastern Broccoli Project (a multi-institutional project funded by USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Specialty Crop Research Initiative). See our website at EasternBroccoli.org