Maine Families Mid-Coast
A free home visiting program for families in Mid-Coast Maine.
Visits take place in the home or via Zoom. Your visits are a time to:
- focus on your pregnancy, newborn, or toddler
- participate in parent-child activities that support your child’s development
- observe your child’s milestones and development through optional screenings
- discuss parenting topics of interest to you, such as sleep, breastfeeding, infant and toddler nutrition, etc.
- ask your certified Parents as Teachers™ parent educator any questions about parenting
- learn about community resources and opportunities to connect with other families
Parents as TeachersTM is an internationally recognized child development program that assists parents in recognizing that, as a parent, they are their child’s first and most important teacher.
What is the Parent Program of Mid-Coast Maine, Inc.?
The Parent Program of Mid-Coast Maine, Inc., a 501(c) 3 Non-Profit Organization, supports parents throughout our communities. Through grants, contract funding, and local contributors we offer Maine Families a home visiting program for all parents who are pregnant or have a new baby living in Knox, Lincoln, and Sagadahoc Counties.
These programs are voluntary and no fee is charged to participants. Contact us at 207.832.0343 or toll free 800.244.2104 (in Maine) for more information.
For more information: Maine Families
University of Maine Cooperative Extension is committed to providing home visiting and parent education to all families in Knox/Lincoln/Sagadahoc County, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, including transgender status or gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or veteran’s status.