LEGO® Mindstorms EV3
- Contact 4-HScience@maine.edu to reserve a toolkit.
Each set contains the Programmable Brick and 540 additional pieces, including sensors.
The EV3 Brick serves as the control center and power station for your robot, with:
- four input ports: 1, 2, 3, 4 (to connect sensors to EV3 brick)
- four output ports: A, B, C, D (to connect motors to EV3 brick)
- one Mini USB PC port (to connect EV3 brick to computer)
- a USB host port (to add Wi-Fi dongle and do “daisy chaining”)
- micro SD card port (to increase the available memory for EV3 brick)
- built-in speaker
The user guide and software activation code are also included.
Planning to Participate?
There is one LEGO® Mindstorms EV3 kit available from the University of Maine Cooperative Extension. Participants may need to reserve their kit ahead of time with office staff, email email@example.com. Due to the nature of this kit, it may be signed out for up to three months at a time.