Maine State Youth Council Code of Conduct
- Everyone’s opinions matter, disagreements can become insight into issues or topics; differences in opinion can provide space for creativity.
- Everyone can share their opinions and feel comfortable doing so.
- Be considerate and do not speak over others and raise your hand when you have a question or comment.
- Be respectful and do not blow off meetings- let the group know if there is a conflict that will cause you to be absent, as soon as possible.
- Contribute to the conversation, be supportive and try to have a positive attitude. (Keep negative comments constructive.)
- Come to the meeting prepared- having pen/paper, be ready to talk about updates/tasks when asked, do a self check in to evaluate how you will be able to contribute.
- Keep yourself muted when you aren’t speaking to help reduce background noise.
- Communication is key, always responding to all emails and messages in a timely manner.
- Participate fully: have your camera on if possible, and engage in the group conversation.
- Must be a member of at least one subcommittee.
Messaging platforms to use:
Code of Conduct is subject to change by the executive board at any time.