UMaine Cooperative Extension Leadership Internship
The UMaine Cooperative Extension Leadership Internship has been canceled for the Fall of 2021. Please look for it to be reopened in the Spring of 2022.
The Office of the Dean of the University of Maine Cooperative Extension is looking for a motivated student to become part of a team working on organizational change. Interest in leadership and communication and the ability to research and work collaboratively are desired for this internship. This is an opportunity to be part of an administrative team looking to create a vision for the organization.
- Provide a valuable learning experience around communications and leadership within an administrative system.
The Intern will:
- get to be a part of an administrative office and learn how decisions are made;
- learn what it’s like to be a part of a complex-statewide organization;
- learn how Cooperative Extension accomplishes the Land Grant mission of UMaine;
- learn how to implement a change process within a complex organization.
The Intern will greatly increase their networking both on campus and off campus.
UMaine Extension is in the midst of an organizational planning process to institute changes due to the global pandemic and new organizational leadership. This internship will help to benchmark other Extension systems across the United States and provide support to the planning process.
The three main learning objectives of this Internship are:
- Conduct research around Extension systems in the United States.
- Synthesize research findings and communicate them to administrators, other stakeholders, and the organization.
- Develop effective communications and messaging strategies for both internal and external audiences.
The Intern will be expected to have a professional appearance as a representative of the Dean’s office.
Primarily, this internship will be working in Libby Hall on the UMaine campus. There will be opportunities for the Intern to travel in-state if they wish to attend Extension events.
To apply for our Internships, please visit UMaine’s Career Center (Career Link). If you have not created an account before, please know you will need to use your umaine.edu email. Once you have created an account, search for UMaine Cooperative Extension and our internship opportunities should appear.