Seedling Sales Resources During COVID-19
This list was compiled in collaboration with MOFGA and DACF.
Seedling Sales Resources
- Webinar Recording: Seedling Sales and Logistics: Case Studies and Discussion Session. From April, 15, 2020
- Bulletin #2515, Managing Garden Center and On-Farm Seedling Sales Safely in Maine: Best Practices and Recommendations for Marketing During COVID-19
- Bulletin #2516, Managing Farmers Market Seedling Sales Safely in Maine: Best Practices and Recommendations for Marketing During COVID-19
Online Sales Resources
- E-commerce and Other Alternative Marketing Ideas for Farms, UMaine Extension
- Digital and Social Media Marketing Webinar Series, PennState Extension, costs $25
- Northeastern Ag and Resource Economics Association webinar: E-Commerce During COVID-19: Opportunities for Food Producers to Make Direct Market Sales Online, Friday, Apr 24, 2020 12:00 PM – 12:45 PM EDT
- Farmer’s Guide to Direct Sales Software Platforms (PDF)
1-on-1 TA Providers for Online Ordering Set-up
- Farmhand Automation: Sign up for free 1-on-1 TA and online store set-up from tech professionals, emergencycurbside.com
- Dr. Jonathan Malacarne, UMaine Ag Economist is willing to discuss your farm operation, current sales, customer base and what alternative marketing channel makes sense for your situation. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeremy Bloom, offers e-commerce coaching appointments. Creating Buying Club Software and is very familiar with farms and food in Maine, internet-farmer.com
- Nicolas Lindholm, MOFGA Organic Business and Marketing Specialist, can provide 1-on-1 TA in e-commerce set up for OG, transitioning-to-OG farms and to MOFGA’s Journey Person participants. Also been comparing e-commerce platforms. Contact email@example.com; 207.505.5752 (cell); 207.568.6024 (office).
- Stop the Spread (PDF)
- Stay Home If You Are Sick (with Symptoms) (PDF)
- Symptoms Poster (PDF)
- Wash Your Hands (PDF)
- Germs Are Everywhere; Wash Your Hands (PDF)
- Keep Calm and Wash Your Hands (PDF)
These are available in multiple sizes for printing, and multiple languages.
DACF Ag Resource Development Signage:
- Parking, arrows, line starts here, etc. (PDF)
- Agritourism Liability disclaimer sign (PDF)
- Buy metal signs with this message from the Maine Farm Bureau (cheapest option) or from MySafetySign.
How to Make Hand-washing Stations
- University of Minnesota Extension page on hand-washing on farm: includes video on $20 station and downloadable instructions.
- Global Growers (PDF): building a hand-washing station video and building instructions
Sanitizing and Disinfecting
- Maine approved disinfectants for COVID-19 (PDF)
- University of Vermont: Cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting fact sheet (PDF)
- National Pesticide Information Center: Info on disinfecting with surface types
- Center for Food Safety & Public Health: Characteristics of selected disinfectants (PDF) compares efficacy, active ingredients, mechanisms of action, target organisms
State of Maine and Department of Agriculture, Conservation, and Forestry Orders and Guidance
- Governor Mills’ plain language version of the “Stay Healthy at Home Order“
- Farmer’s Market Guidance (PDF)
- Interim Guidance for cleaning and saniti
More COVID-19 Resources
- Beginning Farmer Resource Network Compiled COVID-19 Resource Page (Google Doc)
- DACF COVID-19 page
- UMAINE Extension COVID-19 page
|2||7,500 – 12,000||15|
|3||12,001 – 18,000||35|
|4||18,000 – 40,000||45|
|5||40,001 – 60,000||70|
Information in this website is provided purely for educational purposes. No responsibility is assumed for any problems associated with the use of products or services mentioned in this website. No endorsement of products or companies is intended, nor is criticism of unnamed products or companies implied. No responsibility is assumed for any content on the linked sites.