2018 Sustainable Agriculture Field Day Tour
Where: UMaine Rogers Forage and Crops Research Farm, 914 Bennoch Road, Old Town, Maine
When: Wednesday, June 27, 2018
Time: 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM (registration starts at 4:00 PM)
Pesticide Credits Available: 1
CCA Credits Available: 2.5
Refreshments provided on site. No pre-registration required.
Please join us o learn about:
- Small Grains: Green manure to supply N for organic grain / Weed
management in organic small grains / Malting barley
- Potatoes: Rowing out in fall? Undersowing and cover crops
- Soybeans: Roller crimper and cultivation for weed management
- Crop Modeling
Meet new University of Maine Cooperative Extension staff!
- Ellen Mallory, Extension Sustainable Agriculture Specialist
- John Jemison, Extension Soil and Water Quality Specialist
- Eric Gallandt, Professor of Weed Ecology
- Brogan Tooley, MS student
- Audrey Laffley, MS Student
- Tom Molloy, Sustainable Agriculture Research Associate
- Margaret Pickoff, MS Student
- New UMaine Extension Staff: Sukhwinder Bali, Lilly
Calderwood, Lakesh Sharma, Alicyn Smart, and
Directions: The UMaine Rogers Farm is located on Rt. 16, 1.5 miles north of Stillwater, ME. Take exit 193 off I-95 and head east toward Old Town on Stillwater Ave. At the third set of lights, turn left onto Bennoch Rd. (Rt. 16). The Rogers Farm is 1.5 miles north on Bennoch Rd.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this program, please call John Jemison at 207.581.3241 to discuss your needs. Receiving requests for accommodations at least 7 days before the program provides a reasonable amount of time to meet the request, however all requests will be considered.