Small Business-Assist Organizations
- Better Business Bureau — Helping customers and businesses to maintain an ethical marketplace.
- Business Answers Online — Information on starting and growing a business in Maine.
- Boardsource — Provides information for board members of non-profit organizations.
- Coastal Enterprises, Inc. — A nonprofit community development corporation creating economic opportunities for Maine people, business, and communities.
- Eastern Maine Development Corporation — Company specializing in helping to develop businesses in eastern Maine.
- Maine Association of Nonprofits — Provides information for non-profit organizations.
- Maine’s Science, Technology & Business Library — State-funded science, technology, and business databases.
- Maine Small Business Development Centers — The SBDC provides comprehensive business assistance and information services to the small business community.
- morebusiness.com — Information on business start-ups and small business growth resources.
- New England Food Entrepreneurs Online — Resources for New England Food Entrepreneurs.
- New Ventures Maine (NVME) — Through free business planning classes and individual advising services, NVME provides the opportunity to create a plan for success, develop business management tools, and practice entrepreneurial skills.
- Northern Maine Development Commission (NMDC) — Whether a small start-up business or a satellite office of an international corporation, the NMDC has abundant resources to get your business going and growing.
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) — Aiding in the formation, growth, and success of small business.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) — SBA offers financing, training, and advocacy for small firms.
- Washington Hancock Community Agency — The Washington Hancock Community Agency is a non-profit, non-governmental, private corporation, and community action program, serving Washington and Hancock Counties.
Links to other websites are provided purely for educational purposes. No responsibility is assumed for any content on the linked sites.