Use the Funding Programs Guide to help pay for adaptation!
In the Funding Guide, you’ll find a description of each funding program. We’ve included information on eligibility and example projects for which those grants are commonly used. We’ve also included the contact information for the funding program/agency.
The funding programs in the guide include:
- Coastal Community Grants
- Small Harbor Improvement Grants
- Boating Infrastructure Grants
- Shore and Harbor Planning Grants
- Economic and Infrastructure Development Investment Program
- Building Resilience Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC)
- Flood Mitigation Assistance Grants
- Brownfields and supplemental projects
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program
- Flood Damage Reduction Projects
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) programs — Residential
- Economic Adjustment, Assistance to Coastal Communities, Planning, Public Works, Technical Assistance
- Community Facilities Direct Loan and Grant Program
- Maine Municipal Bond Bank — Clean Water SRF Program
- Maine Municipal Bond Bank — Drinking Water Program
- Climate Interactions and Sectoral Applications
- Funding and Developing a Climate Adaptation Plan for Wastewater Utilities: Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) and Wastewater Climate Adaptation Loan Principal Forgiveness — State Revolving Loan Fund
- Small Community Grant Program
- Overboard Discharge Elimination Program
- Drinking Water Capacity Development Grants
- Drinking Water State Revolving Fund Loans
- Land Acquisition Loans
- Local Source Water Protection Grant Program
- Municipal Stream Crossing Upgrade Grants
View the web page or download the Funding Programs Guide (PDF).
Knowledge sharing and training
Climate Resilience Funding Workshops from crafting successful proposals to establishing sustainable financing sources.