Cumberland County 4-H Leaders Association Pig Raffle 2023
What is a 4-H Pig Raffle?
Annually a piglet is donated for a 4-H member to raise throughout the Summer. Local feed stores donate the grain for the hog and once it is mature a local butcher shop processes the meat. Tickets are sold $1 each or $5 for 6 and the winner is typically chosen on the last day of the Cumberland Fair. The raffle winner then picks up the meat at the local butcher shop.
4-H in Cumberland County is the largest 4-H program in Maine with the most enrolled youth, volunteers, and clubs. We host seven county-wide events for all 4-H youth ages 5-18, with some events also open to the public. Proceeds from the pig raffle support all of these events to provide positive youth development experiences to local youth! National 4-H Trip Sponsorships, Camperships and Scholarships are also offered to 4-H youth with the funds provided from the Pig Raffle.
Where do I Buy Tickets?
There are a variety of convenient ways to purchase 4-H Pig Raffle Tickets this year:
- Send exact cash or check (made payable to CC 4-H Leaders Association), the number of tickets you would like, and the name/address/phone to be included on the tickets, to the Cumberland County 4-H Extension Office, 75 Clearwater Drive, Ste 104, Falmouth, ME 04105. We will enter your information onto the number of tickets you requested and paid for, and put those tickets into the raffle bin. Tickets are available for purchase in our office until Friday, September 22nd.
- Visit the Windham or North Yarmouth Blue Seal Stores where tickets will be on sale now until September 23rd.
- Check with your local 4-H member or volunteers to purchase tickets directly.
- Tickets will be available for purchase at the Cumberland Fair, September 24 – September 30, 2023.
I’m a 4-Her who Sold Tickets, Where do I Drop Them Off?
- Call or email Cumberland County 4-H Staff, Allison Pollock, 207-781-6099, firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a drop-off time at the office in Falmouth.
- Bring tickets to the Cumberland Fairgrounds by 12:00PM on Saturday, September 30, 2023.
Thank You to our 2023 Sponsors!
Pig Donor: Connie Wood, Pat Stack & Ralph Clark
Pig Raiser: Ryan Tammaro
Feed Store: Windham Blue Seal Feed Stores
Processor: Windham Butcher Shop