Hancock County 4-H Photo Contest
Pull out those cameras, cell phones, and devices!
This contest is open to all Hancock County 4-H Members. Photos must be from the current 4-H year.
- To encourage 4-H members to use photography as a meaningful and expressive communication tool.
- To develop life skills in communication and expressive arts.
- To provide 4-H members a platform to display their skills and passion for photography.
To promote participation, we welcome participants to check out our monthly 4-H Newsletter for our photo scavenger hunt. Each month we’ll include photo prompts to help inspire our budding photographers. At the end of the month, youth can submit their photos to the office for a chance to be featured in the following month’s newsletter! You can submit your scavenger hunt photos here!
All scavenger hunt participants can round up their photos at the end of the 4-H year, and select their top 5 favorites for judging and feedback.
The submission portal for judging opens September 1st!
Youth age on December 31, 2022:
Cloverbuds (5-8 years old)
Juniors (9-13 years old)
Seniors (14-19 years old.)
All Cloverbuds are encouraged to participate; they will receive recognition and feedback from the judges but their photographs will not be judged.
Rules and Guidelines:
- Number of Entries: A 4-H’er may submit up to 5 entries. However, each entry must be of a different subject.
- Entry Stipulations: Each entry must include a title for the work and a short write-up of why the image was captured and how.
- Eligibility of Photos: All photographs must have been taken by active 4-H members. Photos must be taken after October 1st of the previous year and not submitted in the previous year’s Photo Contest. Photos submitted as part of the Scavenger Hunt are allowed to be used.
- Size of Photo: All photos must be submitted digitally and be less than 10 GB. Only .jpg and .jpeg photo formats will be accepted.
- Judging: Judges will be selected from qualified individuals in the field of photography, graphic art, or fine arts. Photography will be judged based on the attached Criteria/Standards sheet. The decision of the judges is final and not subject to change.
Deadline to submit photos is October 18, 2023
How to Submit Photos
To submit a photo for the 4-H photo contest, please fill out the Entry Label form. You will need to fill out an entry label form for each photo that you submit. If you need a physical copy, please reach out to the office.
If you experience difficulties or have any questions, please contact the Extension Office at firstname.lastname@example.org