Hancock County 4-H Photo Contest
Pull out those cameras, cell phones, and devices!
This contest is open to all Hancock County 4-H Members. Photos must be from the current 4-H year.
Please visit this webpage to view the 2021 photo entries!
- To encourage 4-H members to use photography as a meaningful and expressive communication tool.
- To develop life skills in communication and expressive arts.
- To provide 4-H members a platform to display their skills and passion for photography.
To promote participation, we welcome participants to enter the 4-H Photo Contest Scavenger Hunt.
All scavenger hunt participants will receive a little “door-prize.” If you take a photo of one item in each category, you’ll be submitted into a raffle to win a larger prize. And if you choose to, you can submit any (or all!) of these photos to the 2021 Photo Contest.
Photo Contest Categories
2021 Contest Rules & Guidelines
Entry Labels (Now Digital!)
There are six photo categories: You may enter one photo in each category for a possible total of six entries per person (seven if you participate in the “Enhanced” category).
- 4-H Activity
Youth age on December 31, 2020:
Cloverbuds (5-8 years old)
Juniors (9-13 years old)
Seniors (14-19 years old.)
All Cloverbuds are encouraged to participate; they will receive recognition and feedback from the judges but their photographs will not be judged.
Blue Ribbons (Each category/each age division): Top Blue – $10 Second Blue – $5 All other Blue Ribbon Scorers will receive a Blue Ribbon.
Red Ribbon (Each category/each age division): All red ribbon scorers will receive a Red Ribbon.
Participation Ribbon: All other entries will receive a Participation Ribbon including Cloverbuds.
Judge’s Choice Awards (2): Special Rosettes
Rules and Guidelines:
- Number of Entries: A 4-H’er may submit up to 6 entries. However, each entry must be in a different class. Photographs cannot be dually entered into the same class. A separate Label Entry Form must be submitted with each submission.
- Eligibility of Photos: All photographs must have been taken by active 4-H members. Photos must be taken after July 1st of the previous year and not submitted in the previous year’s Photo Contest.
- Size of Photo: All photos must be submitted digitally and be less than 10 GB. Only .jpg and .jpeg photo formats will be accepted. If you choose to mount your photograph to be displayed at the Blue Hill Fair, photos submitted must be “8 x 10”.
- Mounting of Photographs (optional): Photos must be mounted on an 8″ x 10″ or larger foam board or cardboard for stability. No framed or matted photos will be accepted.
- Judging: Judges will be selected from qualified individuals in the field of photography, graphic art, or fine arts. Photography will be judged based on the attached Criteria/Standards sheet. The decision of the judges is final and not subject to change.
Deadline to submit photos is July 30, 2021
How to Submit Photos
To submit a photo for the 2021 4-H photo contest, please fill out the Entry Label form, found here. You will need to fill out an entry label form for each photo that you submit. If you need a physical copy, please reach out to the office.
If you experience difficulties or have any questions, please contact Zabet NeuCollins at firstname.lastname@example.org.