Maine Solutions: Community Governance
Solving community problems in a new way
Maine Solutions projects are implemented using principals of community governance. The projects grow out of the collaborative efforts of government, businesses, and non-profits and support sustainable community objectives. Elements of the process include:
- A problem or opportunity defined by the community and addressing at least one Maine Solutions objective is brought to the advisory committee.
- Upon review, the advisory committee designates a Maine Solutions project and appoints a neutral community convener, who can lead a team to address the challenge.
- A Maine Solutions Team representing businesses, non-profits, and citizens, as well as state, local and other government entities who are affected by the issue, work towards a solution, with facilitation from Maine Solutions or other appropriate professionals.
- An integrated solution that leverages the resources of the Solution Team to meet the challenge at hand and sustainability objectives.
- Team members sign a declaration of cooperation committing their resources and time in an integrated action plan.