Maine Hunger Dialogue
October 22, 2021
University of Maine at Farmington or via Zoom
UMaine Extension, in collaboration with the Maine Campus Compact, has offered the Maine Hunger Dialogue (MHD) annually since 2014. This year we joined with the University of Maine at Farmington to host the 2021 Maine Hunger Dialogue on Friday, October 22, from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm, 2021. Students and staff joined us in person at the Olson Student Center North Dining Commons and remotely via Zoom. Together we focused on Maine College student food insecurity, and through our learning, networking, and Mini-Grant program, supported student-led programs and projects to fight food insecurity back on their campuses or in their communities.
Students, faculty and staff from colleges across Maine came together to:
- Address food insecurity (issues, causes) among college students
- Hear keynote speaker Maine Sen. Craig Hickman
- Gain perspectives from operators of community and college food pantries
- Learn the results of a food insecurity survey in Maine higher education
- Apply for $500 Food Insecurity Grants to implement on your campus
Maine Hunger Dialogue Program Evaluation
Your feedback in this brief survey will help us assess the impact of the program and learn how we can make improvements to future events.
Learn more! Follow us on Facebook…
For more information or to request a reasonable accommodation, contact Frank Wertheim, 207.324.2814 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need technical assistance, please contact Michele Lodgek at email@example.com or 207.949-4057.