Maine Hunger Dialogue 2020
Hunger Dialogue Mission Statement: Engage Maine college students and campus communities in the fight against hunger by providing a platform that: 1) raises awareness of the issue and 2) provides opportunities for students to actively work to address hunger on their campuses and/or communities in collaborative partnerships with their institutions.
Friday, October 23
- 10:00 AM: Introductions and Welcome, Frank Wertheim, University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- 10:10 AM: Maine College Student Hunger Survey Results and Ramifications, Kim McKeage, Husson University, Frank Wertheim, University of Maine Cooperative Extension and Sally Slovenski, Maine Campus Compact
- 11:00 AM: Best Practices for Campuses — Addressing student food insecurity during Covid-19 and beyond, Amy Carrington, USM Food Studies
- 11:20 AM: Food Preservation Practices, Kathleen Savoie, University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- 11:35 AM: The Importance of Food for Community/Cultural/Social Survival — A Photo Collage, Shirley Rush, University of Maine Presque Isle
- 11:50 AM: Closing announcements, resources, student/staff campus $500 Mini-Grants
Corporate sponsor: Sodexo
If you need technical assistance when trying to join the webinar, please contact Michele Lodgek at email@example.com or 207.949-4057.