Maine Invasive Species Network (MISN) brings together research, education, and outreach professionals who work with invasive species in Maine.
MISN and this website were conceived in October 2009, when a group of 45 people met in Augusta at the first meeting to bring together people who work intensively on invasive plants, animals, and other invasive species in Maine.
Purpose of MISN
- serve as a communication tool;
- help members identify and pursue collaborative projects;
- support research on management of invasive species;
- map invasive species populations;
- present funding opportunities;
- exchange species-specific information;
- explore new tools to monitor populations;
- develop and distribute educational materials;
- provide outreach opportunities; and
- exchange database tools.
Save the Date!
Please save the date of Tuesday, March 24, 2020, for the Maine Invasive Species Network Annual Meeting, to be held on the beautiful campus of Colby College in Waterville. More details to follow.