Job Opening for Invasive Aquatics Coordinator
7 Lakes Alliance, a non-profit organization in the heart of Maine’s Belgrade Lake Watershed, is seeking an energetic Invasive Aquatics Program Coordinator. 7 Lakes Alliance’s mission is to conserve the lands and waters of the Belgrade Lakes Region for all.
Description: The Invasive Aquatics Coordinator handles day-to-day operations of the Courtesy Boat Inspector (CBI) Program and the Adopt-a-Shoreline (AAS) Program. CBIs are the first step in preventing Aquatic Invaders from entering new waterbodies. They inspect motorboats, paddle craft, and trailers for aquatic hitchhikers (i.e. plants and animals) before and after launching into the lake. The purpose of the Adopt-a-Shoreline Program is to educate community members on invasive aquatic plant identification, the threats they pose, and how to survey for invasive aquatic plants along their shoreline. A desirable candidate will have excellent communication and organization skills, have experience managing large teams of people, and have an interest in conserving nature.
- Manage volunteer and employee schedules for the Adopt-a-Shoreline and Courtesy Boat Inspector Programs.
- Coordinate training events and opportunities with local businesses, associations, and partners.
- Host training events for both Adopt-a-Shoreline volunteers and Courtesy Boat Inspector volunteers.
- Host community Invasive Aquatic Plant Paddles.
- Comply with all 7 Lakes Alliance policies regarding safety, conduct, and follow CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19 protocols.
- Develop educational materials such as brochures, constant contacts, social media posts, and website articles.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science and policy, communications, education, or other applicable field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience managing a team of employees.
- A valid driver’s license with a clean record.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Powerpoint, Google applications, and Microsoft applications.
- Comfortable operating paddle craft such as canoe or kayak and the ability to lead community paddles.
Job time-frame: seasonal, 16-23 weeks, up to 40 hours per week
Start Date: At the earliest April 4th, at the latest April 25th
End Date: October 17th
To Apply: Please send your resume (references included) and cover letter to email@example.com. Cover Letters will address the qualifications listed above and provide relevant examples of how they are a desirable candidate based on the listed responsibilities.