2020 Specific Information for Clinton Fair
Small Fair Award Recipient
Dates: Thursday, September 10 – Sunday, September 13
Hall Exhibits: Open to Kennebec, Somerset, Waldo, Penobscot, and Knox-Lincoln Counties.
- Club Table Exhibit Premiums: Four $25 prizes will be awarded to clubs that score highest as a display.
- Individual Project Premiums: See General Rules located on the 4-H Rules and Regulations: General Requirements for Fair Exhibits in Kennebec County page.
- 1st Place: $2.00
- 2nd Place: $1.50
- 3rd Place: $1.00
- 5-8 Year Olds: $1.75
- Educational Club Exhibits Premiums: See General Rules
- Up to Six (6) awards at $25 each
- Cloverbuds: $25 per group exhibiting
- Set up exhibits Tuesday, September 4 from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or Wednesday, September 5 from 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Judging will begin at 5:00 p.m. on September 7.
- Pick up exhibits on Sunday, September 9th after 5:00 p.m.
For more information contact Nancy Wright at 207.426.8845, Sandy LeClair (Chair of 4-H and Extension Exhibits) at 453.7873.
Livestock Events Open to 4-H’ers:
- 4-H Working Steer Show: Contact person: TJ Wright, 649.9535
- Oxen Scooting Contest: Contact person: Rod Swett, 426.9569
- Open Horse Show: Sunday, September 9, registration at 8:00 a.m.; “All Game Show” at 9:00 a.m. Contact person: Jon Whitten, 426.8013 or 474.8287
- Pig Scramble: Registration Thursday through Friday until 5:45 p.m., Scramble at 6:30 p.m. Contact person: David Bickford, 426.8589
- Mule/Donkey Show: Friday at 2:00 p.m. Contact Claire Wallace, 667.9665
Ice Cream Making with the 2016 Dairy Princesses
Sunday afternoon 1:00 p.m.: Next to the new Dairy Building near the 4-H Exhibition Hall. Ice cream making with 2016 Maine Dairy Princesses Dairy Princess Scholarship Pageant Information- Contact person: Belinda Stoughton 426.8586
For Complete Information:
Contact the Clinton Lions Agricultural Fair Secretary Jon Whitten, Sr., Clinton Lions Agricultural Fair, P.O. Box 522, Clinton, ME 04927; telephone 207.426.8013.
Directions to Clinton Fairgrounds
4-H programs are open to all young people. Any questions or need for a physical, language, learning, developmental accommodation in a 4-H show or exhibit?
Please contact Melissa White or Alisha Targonski, 125 State Street 3rd Floor, Augusta, ME 04330 or call (207) 622-7546 or 800-287-1481 (in Maine) between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Email is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to request an accommodation please contact us 14 days prior to the event.