Welcome to the Penobscot County 4-H page!
We are so excited you are interested in 4-H! 4-H is the youth development education program of the University of Maine Cooperative Extension. 4-H participants range from ages 5 to 19 and, traditionally, organize themselves into clubs to support each other as they take on “learn-by-doing” projects. Young people can also become involved in 4-H through 4-H school enrichment programs, 4-H camps, by creating individual 4-H projects of their own, and many other activities. 4-H teaches young people life skills necessary for success in life.
New to 4-H?
- Start by looking at our Get Involved page. There you’ll learn more about 4-H, the different ways you can participate, and how to sign up.
- Also, be sure to check out the Programs and Clubs and the 4-H News pages to learn more about what we do in Penobscot County!
- If you are interested in volunteering, check out Volunteer Opportunities.
Penobscot County 4-H Staff
Feel free to contact the Extension office by phone at 207.942.7396 or one of the Penobscot County 4-H staff directly.
- Sheila Norman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 4-H Youth Development Professional
- Emily Mott, email@example.com, 4-H Community Education Assistant
- Wendy Robertson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Administrative Specialist