4-H in Penobscot County
4-H is the youth development education program of the University of Maine Cooperative Extension. 4-H participants range from ages 5 to 19 and, traditionally, organize themselves into 4-H clubs to support each other as they take on “learn-by-doing” projects. Young people can also become involved in 4-H through 4-H school enrichment programs, 4-H camps, by creating individual 4-H projects of their own, and many other activities. 4-H teaches young people life skills necessary for success in life. For more information about how you can become involved in 4-H, contact us or visit Cooperative Extension’s 4-H page.
4-H Virtual Silent Auction
The Penobscot Leaders’ Association are holding a virtual 4-H Silent Auction this month using the BiddingOwl platform. The auction is open for bids TODAY, until October 25.
To only view auction items, please use our Bidding Owl link: https://www.biddingowl.com/Auction/index.cfm?auctionID=23842
If you would like to place a bid you MUST register for an account at BiddingOwl. Register for an account here: https://www.biddingowl.com/Auction/Bidders/register.cfm?auctionID=0
To place a bid,
- Click on the item you’d like to bid on
- Place your bid!
Share it with everyone!
2020 Maine State 4-H Dog Photo Contest
The Maine State 4-H Dog Program is inviting 4-H members to participate in the 2020 Northeast Regional 4-H Dog Photo Contest. First, enter the Maine State 4-H competition. Then, the top photos in the junior and senior divisions of each photo class will be entered into the multi-state regional competition. Winners in the cloverbud division are not eligible to participate in the regional (multi-state) level. Visit their website for more information and to enter your photo.
Support Maine 4-H Animal Science Programs
Round-up your change at your local Paris Farmers Union or online at our 4-H website
UMaine Cooperative Extension: Responding to COVID-19
- Maine 4-H: Learn from Home Support
- Summer Virtual Activities Registration Page
- Other resources always free and available: YouTube | Publications
- 1:00 pm: 4-H Friday Fun! YouTube Series
2019 Bangor State Fair (BSF) 2020 BSF is cancelled
July 25-August 3 – 2019
2020 Piscataquis Valley Fair (PVF) is cancelled
4-H Piscataquis Valley Fair Website (Entry Information) PVF is canceled
- 2019 4-H PVF Entry Information (Word | PDF)
- 2019 4-H PVF Leader’s Entry Registration Form (Word | PDF)
- 2019 4-H PVF Animal Land, Silent Auction & More (Word | PDF)
- 2020 PEN County 4-H Post-Secondary Scholarship & Cover Sheet (Word) | (PDF)
- 2020 Penobscot County Citizen Washington Focus Application (Word) | (PDF)
- Penobscot County Campership Application (Word) | PDF)
- Animal Approval Form (Word) Animal Approval Form (PDF)
- Animal Lease Form (Word) | (PDF)
- 4-H Barn Record (Word) | (PDF)
- 4-H Club Awards (Word) | (PDF)
- Maine 4-H Audit form (Word) | (PDF)
- New Project Records Website