This track is for experienced farmers who currently sell some wholesale and want to expand, and farmers who want to start selling to wholesale markets.
Drawing on a panel of business experts from around the state, as well as other growers, we’ll uncover the story your own financial records are telling you, and develop your ability to talk with potential wholesale buyers about your products.
During the program, you’ll have a chance to:
- Use last year’s actual records to find your most (& least) profitable crops.
- Learn how to keep and read financial records so that they are useful to you.
- Identify potential customers and evaluate their fit for your farm or product.
- Practice doing market research and putting marketing tactics together into a strategy for wholesale.
- Create and analyze different scenarios for your farm business using profitability audits, financing options, and customer information to make the best planning decisions for your farm. (How to evaluate which crops to expand or diminish, what investments to make or avoid, and so on.)
- Following the workshops, you will receive technical assistance tailored to your goals.