Smart Gardener — A Workshop Series for Beginning Gardeners
Dates: Starting January 27, 2015
Time: 6:30 to 8:30 PM
Location: UMaine Extension Somerset County, 7 County Drive, Skowhegan, Maine
Instructor: Peter Bastien, Community Education Assistant, UMaine Extension
Cost for the Series: $15 (includes the UMaine Extension Smart Gardener learning guide)
University of Maine Cooperative Extension is offering a five-session workshop for the home vegetable gardener beginning Tuesday, Jan. 27, 6:30-8:30 p.m., at the UMaine Extension Somerset County office, 7 County Drive, Skowhegan.
The workshop, Smart Gardener: A Workshop Series for Beginning Gardeners, will cover topics such as soil fertility and composting; garden planning and design; seed starting and season extension; pests and pest management; and harvest and fall clean up.
- January 27: Basic Soils, Fertilizers, and Composting
- February 10: Planning and Designing a Home Garden, Watering, and Mulching
- February 24: All about Seeds, Seedlings, Transplants, Season Extension, Garden Maintenance
- March 10: What’s Bugging My Garden? Pests and Pest Management, Weeding, Harvest, and Fall Clean-up
- March 24: Ornamentals (optional)
For more information: contact Peter Bastien at 207.474.9622, 1.800.287.1495 (in Maine) or email@example.com.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this program, please call Peter Bastien at 207.474.9622 or 1.800.287.1495 (in Maine) to discuss your needs. Receiving requests for accommodations at least 10 days before the program provides a reasonable amount of time to meet the request, however all requests will be considered.