Farmer & Food Producer Winter Potluck
Farmer & Grower Winter Potluck
Saturday, February 16, 2019
Snow Date: February 23
Take a mid-winter break!
Bring a dish & join fellow farmers & producers for networking, food & fun!
4 pm Potluck Social Hour
5 pm Farm Response to Changing Weather with Glen Koehler, UMaine Extension
Farm Response to Changing Weather
Changes in average and extreme weather are affecting Maine agriculture, bringing both risks and potential opportunities. Glen Koehler will discuss the following observations and provide potential response actions to minimize risk and ensure productivity:
- Longer Growing Season & Plant Hardiness Zone Shift
- Early Spring Warm-up Increases Frost/Freeze Risk
- More Frequent or Intense Heat Waves
- More Frequent Intense Downpours
- More Frequent & Longer Dry Spells
For more information or to request a disability accommodation, call 207.342.5971 or email email@example.com