Programs - The Maine Hunger Dialogue
The Maine Hunger Dialogue
Mobilizing the Power of Higher Education to End Hunger in Maine
October 16-17, 2014
University of Maine Wells Conference Center
JOIN students and faculty from across Maine in fields as diverse as agriculture, engineering, arts, new media, and sociology, and participate in a high-energy, hands-on, life-changing two-day event.
- learn about hunger in Maine, the US, and around the world;
- be inspired by incredible people who are working to create change;
- participate in packaging 10,000 meals for hungry Mainers in 1 hour;
- brainstorm and collaborate with others on your own project ideas or on projects you invent at the meeting;
- be engaged in hunger solutions;
- leave motivated to make a difference.
- Ways to participate, including how you can apply for up to $1000 to turn your idea into action!
- Agenda | Presenters
- Registration — limited capacity, first come first served
- Call for posters — apply now to display a poster of your research or educational project
- Driving directions
- Stay updated: Return to this website, join our e-mail list or follow the Maine Hunger Dialogue on Facebook or Twitter for important updates.
For more information, contact Barbara Murphy, 207.743.6329, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsored by University of Maine Cooperative Extension and the Maine Campus Compact. Corporate sponsors: Sodexo, Bangor Savings Bank, Black Bear Inn, University Inn, Allagash Brewing Company, and Aetna Insurance.