Below, you will find a link to the application to be a Teen Leader for 4-H@UMaine 2020!
Teen leaders are crucial members of our team for this event! As a teen leader, you will help in the planning stages and have the opportunity to act as a mentor for the younger participants.
Teen leaders will again have a slightly different workshop track at the event to introduce you to the college experience, but will still participate in two of the other workshops being offered.
Must have attended at least one 4-H@UMaine weekend. Must be at least in the 9th Grade or 14 years old by March 1, 2020. Must enroll as a 4-H member (even if this is your only 4-H activity).
- Attend all meetings/training before and after 4-H@UMaine 2020.
- Fully understand and successfully carry out assigned roles during the event.
- Actively participate in all meetings/training/event activities.
- Actively support and mentor youth event participants.
You have until April 3rd to complete the online application or send a completed paper copy to 4HatUMaine@maine.edu to be considered. The planning committee will review all applications and contact references. Selections for the Teen Leader Team will be announced the week of April 20th.
Participation Requirements: If accepted as a teen leader, you will need to attend…
- Introductory Zoom session on Friday, May 1st, at 5 pm.
- In-person training/orientation on Saturday, May 9th from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm offered at the Androscoggin/Sagadahoc and Penobscot/Piscataquis county offices.
- 4-H@UMaine on Friday and Saturday, May 29th & 30th.
- Post-event feedback/reflection session on June 5th at 5 pm.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your county office or Laura Personette at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to working with the Teen Leader Team for 4-H@UMaine 2020!