Maine 4-H Days Workshop Presenter Role Description
Maine 4-H Days Workshop Presenter
- Participate in Maine 4-H Days in June
- Present a minimum of one, one-hour workshop
- Independent work to prepare for workshop presentation
As a workshop presenter, your role is to prepare and present an enrichment activity? at Maine 4-H Days. There are a variety of workshops offered throughout the weekend. Previous years have featured: archery, silk painting, photography, and rocketry as some of the choices. Our goal is for youth to have fun, while learning life skills in a hands on, educational environment.
- Familiar with and interested in the 4-H program
- Connected to a volunteer or staff person in the 4-H program
- Motivated, self-starter
- Effective communication skills
- If more than 8 hours of workshops, must complete the Maine 4-H Volunteer Application processes
- Complete and return the presenter form by the deadline
- Report to volunteer coordinator before, during and after the event.
- Teach at least one enrichment workshop during Maine 4-H Days (Note: Workshops are set up in one hour sessions. You may offer as many sessions as you prefer.)
- Arrive 30 minutes early on the day of your workshop to check in, set up and prepare for your workshop.
- Clean up your workshop area at the end of your session.
- Connect with volunteer coordinator regarding materials reimbursement process before the event.
- Become familiar with basic risk management practices, as provided by University of Maine Cooperative Extension staff
- The opportunity to work with youth and or adults providing positive support and growth experiences
- Volunteer development opportunities
- Opportunity to share your skills, talents and interests
- Free admission and camping at Maine 4-H Days
- Network and share your field of expertise to excite youth about future possibilities