This non-competitive application will be used to match 4-H teens with the resources they need to complete the program.
- Complete and submit the Application Form: YOUth Have a Voice! Youth in Governance and Civic Engagement Program (link can be found below by clicking link).
- Two Letters of Recommendation completed by any adult in their life who is not related to them and who is knowledgeable of the youth and their activities/interests.
Supply the following link to the two adults who are giving the recommendation, to complete and submit:
Applicants will be contacted to schedule a brief Zoom meeting with 4-H staff to discuss their interests with the program after we receive a completed application form and two letters of recommendation.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis in the order they are received.
- Age 14 to 19 years old, or enrolled in 9th grade or higher for the school year beginning in September.
- Youth must have an affiliation with the location of the project.
- Youth must be able to attend all meetings within the pathway of their project:
- Youth Board Member: Board Meetings (estimated three to seven per program)
- Policy Leader: meetings with policy officials (estimated one to three per program)
- Public Service Leader: meetings with any partners or collaborators; all events related to the project (estimated three to seven per program)
- Must be able to attend all 4-H program meetings and learning sessions (at least two in-person and monthly virtual (Zoom) sessions from late August to April (eight times). In-person meetings will be at a central location. The dates and times of virtual sessions will be determined after surveying registered participants.
- Must meet, check-in, or productively correspond (could be by email or phone call) with your mentor at least one time per month (eight times).
|Pathway||Total # of Meetings, Check-ins, and Sessions||Time for Research/
|Estimated Total Hours Without Travel|
|Youth Board Member||20-27 sessions
|Four to eight hours||30-40|
|Policy Leader||18-20 sessions
|Eight to 40 hours||32-72|
|Public Service Leader||20-27 sessions
|Eight to 40 hours||34-73|
Time commitments will vary depending on the type of board, policy, or size of the project.