Margaret Murphy Center Main Street Garden Project
655 Main Street
Lewiston, Maine 04240
Contact: Candace Minkowsky at email@example.com or 218.376.3311
This project is for students ages 13-20 diagnosed with Autism to learn to grow and harvest their own food for their families. There are 10 raised beds of various heights and sizes located on the school property as well as a three-tiered retaining wall bed.
This project is for the growing season 2017-2018.
- Communication will be kept between Master Gardeners and teacher throughout the year
- This Fall: Bed areas will need to be cleaned out after this growing season
- Winter: a growing plan will need to be created to help teachers and students understand companion planting and raised bed layout
- During the growing season, the beds will need to be weeded and maintained
- Fall: Beds will need to be cleaned and prepared for winter
Tools are available however, it may be helpful for MG to bring their own tools especially if coming after school hours.
This project requires ongoing maintenance at the Master Gardeners discretion.