Wild Blueberry Plant Tissue Bag
Wild Blueberry Plant Tissue Samples
For complete instructions, view the Wild Blueberry Fact Sheet 222, Leaf and Soil Sampling Procedures.
One Sample Per Bag
Cut three stems from 30 clones throughout the field
- Do not include any soil particles on plants
- Do not mix in other vegetation
- If samples have pesticide, dust residue or soil on them, they must be rinsed
- Hold samples in dry, clean area free from contamination
SEND samples to:
Analytical Lab and Maine Soil Testing Service
5722 Deering Hall
Orono, ME 04469-5722
Tel: 207.581.2945 or 581.2934
COST per sample:
- $24.00 with leaves stripped from stems (NOTE: Put leaves in a sample bag and discard the stems)
- $27.00 with leaves on stems
NOTE: Use a separate container for blueberry soil pH sample
COST per sample:
- $7.00 per sample (discounted price for blueberry growers only)
- Visit the Price Increases page (Analytical Lab and Maine Soil Testing Service website) for updated prices
Please make check payable to: Maine Soil Testing Lab
Sample’s Code Name (9 characters only, one name only)
Information in this publication is provided purely for educational purposes. No responsibility is assumed for any problems associated with the use of products or services mentioned. No endorsement of products or companies is intended, nor is criticism of unnamed products or companies implied.
Call 800.287.0274 (in Maine), or 207.581.3188, for information on publications and program offerings from University of Maine Cooperative Extension, or visit extension.umaine.edu.
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).