The Expanding Your Horizons (EYH) conference for the 2020-2021 academic year was held on January 19th, January 21st, February 3rd and February 5th.
EYH is a nationwide conference dedicated to inspiring girls to recognize their potential and pursue opportunities in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). We welcome 7th and 8th grade girls to join female professionals for a day of exploration.
About the Expanding Your Horizons Network
EYHN is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing gateway STEM experiences to middle and high school girls that spark interest in STEM activities and careers. We are guided by the understanding that engaging with female STEM role models and participating in hands-on STEM activities can help girls begin to see themselves pursuing STEM activities and careers.
Our Mission: Inspiring girls to recognize their potential and pursue opportunities in science, technology, engineering and mathematics
Expanding Your Horizons Network is known as the preeminent source for resources and experiences that provide focused engagement of middle school girls from all backgrounds in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). At its core, the EYHN’s unique nationwide network of STEM conferences provides a gateway for empowering girls to see themselves as future participants in STEM and STEM-related careers.
- Girls meet and interact with female adult STEM role models and participate with their peers in high quality hands-on STEM activity through EYHN’s unique conference model.
- Girls discover the fun and relevance of STEM through participating in hands-on activities at the conferences.
- Girls engage in a peer community of interest outside of the conferences connecting them with girls from around the world and to other STEM resources that support ongoing participation in STEM activities.
- EYHN leverages partnerships with highly respected STEM and youth organizations, and applies the power of an international network of girls and women to contribute to the formal understanding of how to engage and support girls as them move from STEM interest to STEM career.
- EYHN maintains the decades-old legacy of keeping alumnae engaged and giving back to the Network as volunteers. EYHN actively engages girls from their first EYHN experiences to their participation as active EYHN Alumnae Volunteers.
- Through targeted marketing, outreach and conference-workshop design, EYHN changes the perception of who STEM participants can be to include all girls.
- To increase our impact, the EYHN Central Office provides the foundational structure that supports EYHN conferences around the world.
- EYHN provides support to and recognition of the more than 4000 women volunteers who sustain EYHN Conferences now and for the future.