Farm, Team, and Family
Parenting and Caregiving
- Parenting & Family Caregiving – from the University of Maine Cooperative Extension including information about child development that will be delivered right to your email inbox.
- Child-care Options – an online guide to find quality child-care providers in your area or for information if you are considering offering child care.
- Farm Safety for Young Children from the National Ag Safety Database
- Information on a child’s developing brain from the Harvard Center on the Developing Child.
Health and Well-Being
- Maine AgrAbility – works with Maine farmers with chronic health conditions and disabilities to gain more control over their lives, continue to farm successfully, and live independently.
- FarmFamily Insurance – can be accessed by becoming a member of the Maine Farm Bureau.
- MaineCare – provides access to free or low-cost health insurance for pregnant women, children, and income-eligible families.
- Agricultural Mediation – can help with problem solving, planning, and working through difficult conversations with a partner, family member, land owner, employer, or USDA agency representative.
- Helping farmers cope with stress – a web page with facts and ideas.
Farm Safety and Youth
- The Cultivate Safety – website was produced by the National Children’s Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety (NCCRAHS). The mission of NCCRAHS is to, “enhance the health and safety of all children exposed to hazards associated with agricultural work and rural environments.”
- SAY National Clearinghouse – has lots of information about how to teach skills about animal and tractor safety, blind spots, ladders, and much more.
- Great information from Penn State University including ages and stages and appropriate tasks specifically geared for kids and agriculture.
- Want more child development? The “Just in Time Parenting” newsletter is delivered right to your inbox as your child grows up, once you sign up [use coupon code ME10TGYX]
Finding Balance with Farm and Family Living
- Bulletin #4801 Why “Thank You” Matters: Expressing Appreciation
- Bulletin #4802 Running Successful Farm-Family Meetings
- Bulletin #4803 Farm and Family—Finding Balance
- Bulletin #4804 Understanding Roles in the Farm Family
- Bulletin #4805 Recognizing the Signs of Farm Family Stress
- Bulletin #4103 Social Distancing: What is it? How To Do It and Still Have Fun with Your Kids