- This event has passed.
4-H Arts and Crafts Showcase
July 31 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Are you a 4-Her with an interest in arts and crafts? Has staying at home inspired you to try a new artistic hobby? Penobscot & Piscataquis 4-H wants to see what you’ve been creating!
- • Fiber Arts (knitting, crocheting, sewing, etc.)
- • Fine Arts (drawing, painting)
- • Sculpture (clay, woodworking, welding)
- • Non-traditional materials (sculptures or collages using materials not typically used in making art – plastic bottles, newspaper, toilet paper rolls, tin foil, etc.)
- • Theme (all mediums) – “At home” – express your experience of learning from home, spending extra time with family, social distancing, the challenges and/or rewards of being at home all of the time.
1) Artwork must have been created between March 1st and June 30th.
2) Artwork must be original (no paint by number), with minimal assistance from parents. Acceptable assistance includes: acquiring materials, safety precautions, choosing a feasible project.
3) Participants must be enrolled in 4-H.
4) Artwork must be accompanied by a brief narrative describing the work, the materials and tools used, the process (how long did it take, was it painted, sewn, knitted, carved, etc.), why the artist/craftsperson chose to create this particular piece of art/craft, and how the 4 H’s were used in the process.
5) Participants may submit artwork to as many categories as they would like, but may only submit one (1) entry per category. Because this showcase is not judged, all artwork that is submitted will be accepted as entries in the county fairs, as long as it follows the relevant guidelines
- All entries must be sent to email@example.com and must be received by 11:59 pm on July 1st. Emails should contain the entry image, the name and age of the artist, club affiliation (if applicable), and the title of the artwork.*
- Entries should be submitted as a JPEG image of the original artwork. Sculpture entries may have 2-3 images, showing multiple sides of the artwork if necessary.
- Narratives should be a JPEG image of a neatly handwritten page, or a typed Word or Google document.
- Submitted artwork will be showcased on our county Extension websites.
- Have fun and be creative!
*If sending an electronic copy of the artwork and narrative is not feasible due to limited internet access or other challenges, please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Extension Office at 207- 942-7396 Ext. 2 or (in Maine). We will do all we can to ensure all who want to participate can participate.