Weekly Maine Farm ZOOM
Friday, April 10th at 7 pm
The repeat topic – DIY Alternative Direct Marketing of Ag products. Including, but not limited to, posting on Facebook by taking a picture of price list and having customers call or message their orders, Google Doc for pre-order, apps for online ordering, etc. Note state ag service providers are working to pull together short video clips that show how to do alternative direct marketing.
Note: Dr. Jonathan Malacarne, UMaine Ag Economist (email@example.com) is willing to help farmers think through their marketing options based on their product mix, customer base, and volume of sales.
Friday nights not good for you? We will be adding another chat during the day but need your preference for day of the week and time of day. Here is a quick poll.
Starting Friday, April 3rd, we are changing the frequency of these sessions once per week at 7 pm for the UMaine Extension ZOOM meeting for farmers and others to share what is happening on their farm, what is working well, and what isn’t working well. It can be a chance to chat with others throughout the state, to stay connected in these difficult times.
In the past we had FSA, Maine Dept of Labor, MDACF on Seedling Sales, Congresswoman Pingree’s office on the call to answer questions, alternative marketing and e-commerce options.
Just tune in either through your computer or by phone. No registration necessary. If you have a spotty connection by computer, try calling one of the phone numbers for better audio reception.
If you have suggestions for topics, preference for different days of the week or time of the day for these sessions send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://maine.zoom.us/j/491857878
US: +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 876 9923 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 301 715 8592
Meeting ID: 491 857 878
Notes from Chat Box for the Daily Maine Farmer Zoom
- March 23 Daily Maine Farmer ZOOM (PDF)
- March 24 Daily Maine Farmer ZOOM (PDF)
- March 25 Daily Maine Farmer ZOOM (PDF)
- More info from Jessica Picard, Maine Department of Labor: The 2020 new employer tax rate is 1.86% plus .06% for Competitive Skills Scholarship Fund for a combined rate of 1.92% Unemployment Insurance requirements: https://www.maine.gov/unemployment/liability/ – Then click on Liability Info on voluntary coverage: https://www.maine.gov/unemployment/glossary/.
- March 27 Daily Maine Farmer ZOOM (PDF)
- March 30 Daily Maine Farmer ZOOM