Extension Steering Committee Meeting Notes, January 11, 2022
Present: H. Carter, A. Smart, J. Bolton, K. Yerxa, L. Wilson, M. Snowden, D. Harrington, L. Phelps, M. Glatter, T. Tilton, T. Jackson, B. Foster, R. Machado
Not Present: R. Scott, S. Baez, M. Bailey
- Recap the December “Lunch and Learn” which was focused on the work of this committee.
- Review “Artifacts/Assumptions” document (also available to committee members in shared Google Drive folder) and begin working on the
- Review and decide on the next steps.
- Begin discussing elements of the needs assessment for the February meeting.
The meeting started with a check-in as it is the beginning of the new year. There was some discussion around COVID and any updates to guidelines. There really are none, but there was discussion around in-person programs and some pushback that has been received. T. Tilton also mentioned needing to have increased awareness around our offices, as the Penobscot County office is dealing with an increased homeless population around the office.
H. Carter recapped the December “Lunch and Learn” which was focused on the work of this committee. The January “Lunch and Learn” will be focused on “Personal Accountability”, reviewing the work of the group that focused on this issue, which was highlighted during our November meeting.
We then launched into a discussion around a “Culture Design Canvas” (available to committee members in shared Google Drive folder) and began working on the different elements as they pertained to Extension. Notes from these elements can be found by committee members in the shared “Culture Design: Working Documents” folder.
We ended the meeting by discussing the “Combined Recommendations” document (available to committee members in shared Google Drive folder) and some thoughts around program fees and revenue generation. We generated a list of questions from this discussion:
- Program participant numbers—what do they look like historically to today?
- Not every participant is in the same socioeconomic level, what about donations?
- What are our goals for program revenue?
- Are any programs exempt?
For the February meeting, we will be focusing on the Extension needs assessment.
- March 21, 2022 from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- April 13, 2022 from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
— Dean Hannah Carter