Master Gardener Class – February 19
We will be covering Botany Part II and Food Insecurity in Maine this coming Wednesday.
Here is the link to the fact sheet I mentioned in today’s class on Cultivar vs. Variety
Here is a link to the awesome podcast From Tree to Shining Tree
Here is a link to the Go Botany awesome online plant identification key I mentioned. Play around with it if you like
Homework for this week
Finish reading the Botany Primer pages 42 -79
Hunger and Food Insecurity Information:
- Hunger in Maine Good Shepherd Food Bank
- Hunger Pains: Wide Spread Food Insecurity Threatens Maine’s Future
- Overcoming the Silence of Generational Poverty
- 2017 Maine Hunger Dialogue One of Frank’s “other” program activities working with Maine college students.
- The American Food Disparity: The Story of America’s 49 Million Food Insecure: This video is 41 minutes long, but tells an excellent story of how our food policy has been shaped from the days of the Great Depression to today.