Sample Internship Wrap Up/Exit Interview Questions
(Download as a Word document)
- How would you describe this internship experience to others?
- Discuss the challenges of your internship experience and ways they may be improved.
- Discuss the strong points of your internship experience.
- Looking back, what do you wish you would have known before starting this internship?
- How did you feel about your training and mentoring/supervision?
- What is the greatest lesson you’ve learned this fall/spring/summer?
- What was the most rewarding thing about working with (fill in the blank) this fall/spring/summer? What about program participants?
- What was the most challenging thing about working with (fill in the blank)? What about program participants?
- Tell us about any new skills, techniques, and knowledge you gained this spring/fall/summer.
- If you could make a change to your internship experience, what would you change?
- How did this internship match your expectations?
- What do you believe the next step is in your career path, and how can we help you get there?
- Would you recommend this internship to other students? Why or Why not?