Sample Interview Questions for Cooperative Extension Internships
(Mentors please select the questions that you believe will help you select the best student for your internship. Also, you are not required to ask all of these questions and you can ask additional ones that are not listed below.)
- Tell me about yourself and what excites you about this internship.
- What led you to apply for this internship?
- How does this internship align with what you enjoy doing or your future goals?
- What about your past experience makes you a good candidate for this internship?
- Can you provide examples of how you have been effective in prior positions, internships, in school or outside activities?
- How have your teachers, supervisors, club leaders or camp counselors described you?
- Related to this internship, what are your strengths? What are your areas for growth?
- What do you know about Cooperative Extension?
- What are you hoping to learn or improve during your internship?
- How would you describe this internship?
- Why should we choose YOU for this internship?
- What do you think might be your biggest challenge with this internship?
- Why do you want to participate in an internship?
- Are you interested in receiving credit for this internship?
- How would you describe your communication style?
- As your mentor for this internship, what help and support will you need from me/us?
- What are your career interests?
- Do you have access to a computer you can use for this internship?
- Will you need office space to complete the responsibilities of this internship?
- What questions do you have for me/us?
See Internship Mentor Interview Protocols for information about setting up and conducting interviews.