“Winter Adventure” Program
Join us for the “Winter Adventure” Program!
This program is led by the staff of the University of Maine 4-H Camp & Learning Center at Bryant Pond, in partnership with the Mahoosuc Land Trust and Mahoosuc Kids Association. We’ll meet each Wednesday for 6 weeks, beginning on January 16th.
- Students will be picked up at Crescent Park Elementary on Wednesday’s at 3:00 pm and will return to CPS at 4:40 pm
- Sessions begin on Jan 16th and run for 6 weeks, ending on Feb 27th. (we skip 1 week for Feb vac.)
- There is a one-time $10.00 registration fee. The balance of the program is generously supported by Mahoosuc Land Trust.
- Program will take place at the Valentine Farm (owned by MLT) at 162 North Road, in Bethel.
- Sign ups will be limited to the first 20 participants that register (3rd thru 5th grade, ages 7-11)
- Students should dress warmly and plan to be outdoors for the majority of the time.
Weekly Themes: (order subject to change)
- Snow Science
- Snowshoeing-Forest Ecology
- Subnivian Saga: a look at what lives beneath the snow pack
- Whitetail Deer: Winter habits and habitats
- Winter Survival: Shelter and fire
- Wildlife tracking: Who lives here?
Each week we’ll blend outdoor activity with fun hands on learning opportunities!
FMI: Contact Ron Fournier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-890-9524